Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wishing Each of You the Blessings of Christmas

Christmas is such a joyful time of year and at the same time a very stressful time of year. As a child, and as a young man, I always enjoyed Christmas. There were a few  years after the kids were grown and before the grandkids came along that some of the joy of Christmas seemed to be lost for me, but now with little grandkids about, its holds a special place in my heart.

From the time I was a little boy I always heard there was more joy in giving than in receiving. That saying never made sense to me until I became a grandfather, but it is indeed true. In addition to giving to the grandkids, we contribute to some of the under privileged children in our communitiy so that they will know the joy of Christmas. It is indeed good to give to others.

Though Christmas is supposed to be a joyful time, it can also be a hard on guys who are married and yet have or long to have a relationship with another guy. Feelings of guilt are sometimes especially strong at Christmas. Guys also usually find it necessary to put their relationship with their buddy on hold for the Holidays so that they can meet the needs of their family and spend the extra time with family that is such a joy at Christmas. Actually to my way of thinking, that is as it should be. When my buddy and I first met and were working out the terms under which our relationship would function, one of the things we agreed to was that family would always come first throughout the year. We have kept that agreement and that has been a good thing.

There is no doubt that most of us, if given the choice to have never had the desire for a realatioship with another man, would jump at that choice. The facts are, or course, that we do not have and will never have such a choice. I have come to believe that I am who and what I am for a purpose. A part of all that is being a bisexual male. I have come to know it as one of the blessings of my life and I am thankful for the blessing. I hope each of you are or will come to be too.

For those of you who are Christians I wish you a blessed Christmas. For those of you who are not Christians, I wish you joy and peace for the season and hope that the sense of good will among men that is celebrated at Christams is yours throughout the new year.

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment

I deeply regret that I must reinstate the verification process for those who want to leave comments on my blog. This is due to the intolerable amount of spam that spammers are attempting to leave on the blog.

At the same time I am changing settings so that those of you who have a Google Blogger ID or other recognized blogger ID will not have to have your comments moderated. My hope is this will encourage more readers to take the time to comment. The fact is I want to read comments with those of you who disagree with me as well as those of you who agree with me. All I ask is that you keep your comments clean and non-threatening.

The only reason I take the time to write this blog is to spur your thoughts and comments. Please do not let the spammers cause you not to comment. I know entering the verification words and numbers is a pain in the ass, but I hope you will not let the spammers cause you not to comment.

I still very much look forward to hearing from you.

Jack Scott

Anyone can comment on what I write in this blog. Regretfully, the recent amount of spam in my email account as required that I reinstate the word verification process for comments which I personally hate.

But at the same time I have loosened the comment moderation process so that those of you who have a Google Blogger ID or other recognized blogger ID will no longer need to wait for your comment to be moderated. I'm hoping this will tempt you to take the trouble to comment.

The truth is I want respectful comments both from those who agree with me and those who do not. All I as is that you keep comments to the point, clean and non-threatenting.

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

Jack Scott