Friday, March 2, 2012

What a Surprise

As I get older, I recognize more and more how utterly complex our lives are. I guess recognizing that complexity should mean that life and people and the interaction of it all shouldn't surprise me; but the fact is I never cease to be surprised at the way life plays out.

The other day when I blogged "When Politics Becomes Dangerous," I did so because I had just about reached the limit. If I didn't let off some steam, I was going to explode. I began the blog piece with an apology and a warning so most of you could be forewarned and just skip the piece.

I expected I would get some comments from a few people  upset with what I had written, if anyone took the time to read it.

As it happened the piece received more attention than any recent post and all the comments were positive and quite thoughtful. I think it showed that I'm not the only one frustrated with the political process and the way the country is headed. I appreciate all of you letting me vent.

If I'd let myself there is a lot more I could say about politics; but I'm not going to in this forum. I think it best we stick to what we're supposed to be about and that is discussing bisexuality.

I have actually been very pleased with the number of you who have contacted me personally for one on one talks lately. I think I've at least been able to open some of you to the fact that there are different ways of looking at bisexuality or homosexuality and at least suggest to you that you can reach a point in your life where you are happy and accepting of yourself. I know this to be true because I know so many guys personally who have done it.

I'm happy to talk with any of you who are willing to entertain the possibility of new paradigms. I don't want to talk to you if you just want to wallow in your misery, keep thinking the same thoughts and expect something to change. That is a waste of my time and YOUR LIFE. The guy in the picture at right is evidently quite content with his sexuality. That is the way it should be and the way it can be. It just takes a willingness to seek help and the courage to build new thoughts of your own rather than submit your thought processes to those who try to impose their own values on you.

I'm easy to reach by email, Yahoo chat and after we've established some contact and a bit of trust by phone.

If you need help, please ask.

Jack Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

I deeply regret that I must reinstate the verification process for those who want to leave comments on my blog. This is due to the intolerable amount of spam that spammers are attempting to leave on the blog.

At the same time I am changing settings so that those of you who have a Google Blogger ID or other recognized blogger ID will not have to have your comments moderated. My hope is this will encourage more readers to take the time to comment. The fact is I want to read comments with those of you who disagree with me as well as those of you who agree with me. All I ask is that you keep your comments clean and non-threatening.

The only reason I take the time to write this blog is to spur your thoughts and comments. Please do not let the spammers cause you not to comment. I know entering the verification words and numbers is a pain in the ass, but I hope you will not let the spammers cause you not to comment.

I still very much look forward to hearing from you.

Jack Scott

Anyone can comment on what I write in this blog. Regretfully, the recent amount of spam in my email account as required that I reinstate the word verification process for comments which I personally hate.

But at the same time I have loosened the comment moderation process so that those of you who have a Google Blogger ID or other recognized blogger ID will no longer need to wait for your comment to be moderated. I'm hoping this will tempt you to take the trouble to comment.

The truth is I want respectful comments both from those who agree with me and those who do not. All I as is that you keep comments to the point, clean and non-threatenting.

I look forward to hearing from each of you.

Jack Scott